Monday, June 9, 2008

06.09.08

Its 6:22 in the evening. My face is beat red and my forehead is covered in sweat. I've just completed my (now) daily run, and upped it another half a mile. It is now, laying on my hearted quilt that my grandma painstakingly made 30 years ago (probably), that I question why I did this. Well, My Chemical Romance was blasting in my ear, the sun was shinning, and it frankly just felt needed. Now, I'm kinda wondering if that was a mistake.

As I lay on my bed reading a chapter from the latest book that I'm trying to get into, I hear a low rumbling coming from the apartment complex across the yard. As I put down my book an listen intently I realize that its the happy birthday song being sung. Here's my observation, when listening from distance all you can hear is female voices singing(or almost chanting) happy birthday from a far away distance, with birds chirping and wind blowing, that shit sounds apocalyptic.

But enough about that, chinese left overs are calling my name.

No comments: