Monday, March 31, 2008

3.31.08


twothirtyeight - Step Into The Light

"Don't be afraid. Step into the light.
Everyone here is a loser tonight.
We're all voting for that second chance.
I never learned that stupid dance.
I don't really want to change.
(No, I don't want to change.)
Come as you are, step into the light.
We're all prisoners here,
locked up by our minds.
Don't be afraid. Come sinner or saint
everyone here is a human tonight"

I don't know what you believe. For the most part I don't know what I believe. Odds are we probably don't believe the exact same thing. And you know what? Its not a big deal. Everyone believes different things. I know it might break your heart but even in Christianity a lot of people believe different things. And its okay to believe different things. Its cool if you take the Bible literally, I hope its cool with you if I take it more figuratively (I think thats right word). Can't we both agree there's a few things that no one should stand for. What are a couple of those? Racism, homelessness, social injustices etc. Shouldn't we all fight for the rights of our fellow men (and women)? As a Christian you should at least tolerate if not attempt to love everyone. I mean what the fuck is the deal with that God Hates Fags church. My God doesn't hate homosexuals. If your God hates them then maybe we don't have the same God? Don't use religion as a way to oppress your neighbors. Thats such a cop out. Couldn't you at least be more honest about why you hate people of other races, sexual orientation, political beliefs etc? Tolerance, learn it. I think a Jeffy Korea song could sum up this post best: "do people really think if Jesus lived today- he'd buy an SUV and picket against gay people- standing on a steeple- shouting lets reprimand them, then we can damn them" I don't know about you but I don't.

Listen to Shirley Phelps Roper, daughter of Westboro Baptist Church pastor, make a complete fool of herself and her ideals.

No comments: