Saturday, March 1, 2008

girl vocals


One thing you need to know about me (and if you read this you probably do know) I'm the biggest sucker in the world for girl vocals. Over the past few years there have been three vocalists (well four technically I guess) that have been driving me crazy, in a good way. *insert knucks to a-bombers and g-rot* Those chicks are:Tegan and Sara, Jenny Lewis, and Emily Haines.

Well after much thought and deliberation I've decided that my favorite female vocalist is.....(drum roll please)......Emily Haines. 



Here's my reasoning. Here voice is a little raspy, kinda contemplative, and a whole lot of sexy. Seriously, when she sings these words it makes knees go weak: "satisfy myself, avoid beginners who long to shut my mouth, till i take one of them home, cause i know how it feels, filling in the blanks, looking on the bright side, when there is no bright side, coming in your pants, for the off chance of a poster of a girl." Like what? She can also just flow seamlessly from pop rock diva, faux punk rocker, and sensitive Tori Amos type stuff. And, I'd let her take me home


Dig it.

No comments: