Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2.26.08

Tonight I watched Quarterlife on NBC. For the most part I really enjoyed it. It basically summed up everything I learned/should've learned in college in a 1 hour show, but we can discuss that more at a later time.

Here is what it really made me think about.

Life is all about conflict. Without it things become stale and boring, right? I mean all the movies you like, all the stories you read, and all the songs you listen too are about conflict. If there is no conflict can there be a story? can there be art? Does this mean conflict is good thing? To feel good we've had to feel bad. To know happiness we've needed to feel sad. And to feel love we need to feel loneliness. Right? I know we've all thought about this before, but the show tonight really made me think about it a little harder. And I guess overall that begs the ultimate question that I know I struggle with a lot. Can there be heaven or eternal happiness with out sadness? Can someone realize they are in a state of eternal happiness if there isn't that conflict? I'm sure there has been a lot discussed/written about this, but I really don't have time to read. 

No comments: