Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2.19.08

Observations/Thoughts from an Evening in Dinkytown




Dear Purple Onion (AN OPEN LETTER)
First things first you should know that I detest change. I mean, I still wear the same jeans from senior year (even though they've become tattered by the sands of time) and listen to the same tunes I've been listening to since I was 15. When you sold out and moved around the corner to the new hipster friendly location I was pretty pissed. Remember the good times we had at 10:45pm basically every week night? Yeah, those were some mondo-awesome times. I sore I'd never step foot in your new location, trying to be sheek---shame on you! But you know your sweet nectar keeps calling my soul. And you know what? You're not too bad. 
Gone are the days of smoke filled rants by smelly immigrant dudes. But here are the days of smooth mochas and electro-pop tunes. Even though I'm not a big fan of change, sometimes it is a good thing. And you, my sweet, are a fine looking cougar. You made me realize that I too have changed. I mean, my hands look like that of a 55 year old housewife. You however are beautiful. 
-with Luv

No comments: