Monday, February 18, 2008

02.18.2008


So this is my first post since the infamous Valentines Day. Represent. 

This Valentine's Day I spent it A) working and B) Seeing the Western Fifth at the Hexagon. It was a pretty good night. I thought it was gonna be kinda sad, a little lame, kinda long.... you know an ANTI-VALENTINE'S DAY kinda thing. Now I've been on anti-Vday things before, but they were more secret dates than anything. The night turned out to be a sweet night of good friends, killer tunes, and hustling in billiards. 

here's one my dates now, while we wait outside our other dates' house


this was the Parlour Suite, they play short songs and sound cool


this is the Western Fifth, they are quickly becoming one of my favorite local bands

In light of V-DAY coming and going here are my top five love and top five break up songs:

Love Songs (or at least as close to love songs as I go):
Bright Eyes: First Day of My Life
Wiskeytown: Jacksonville City Skyline
the Format:  On Your Porch
Maria Taylor: Leap Year 
Guy Clark: Anyhow, I love You 

Breakup Songs:
the Anniversary: the Heart is Lonely Hunter
Bob Dylan: Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
Tegan and Sara: You Wouldn't Like Me
twothirtyeight: Just Dropping (A Line)
the Streets: Dry Your Eyes

This was long and boring. Sorry. 
P.S. If I was dating a girl who looked like Michelle Williams in the Baxter I wouldn't have taken her on a date to the Hex. Think about it. 

No comments: